Technology Partnerships are enhanced R&D collaboration projects between Ridgeway Kite and oil companies based on a specific theme. In principal these partnerships are long term and enable a synergistic relationship among the organisations. Partnerships are focused on solving specific problems through workshops and software development. Priority in simulator development as well as support and problem solving are given to partners.
Currently, Ridgeway Kite have the following two Technology Partnerships:
Our partnership with Maersk Oil started in July 2014 and focuses on general reservoir simulation development.
The Technology Partnership with EOG Resources & SM Energy is focused on developing a Completions Design and Optimization Tool for Unconventional Resources (CDOT). CDOT will model the following:
- Multi-porosity flow modeling
- Customizable connectivity
- Adsorption and desorption
- Salinity and swelling
- Vapor-liquid equilibrium in confined media
- Compositional fluid description
Rock Mechanical Effects:
- Stress-dependent permeability enhancement and rock compaction
- Hysteretic forms for propped and stimulated regions
- Background elastic transmissibility compressibility
- Slick water, gel and hybrid injection
- Well PI augmentation
- Stress shadowing
The CDOT Technology Partnership started on 1st May 2016.